Dock - couple questions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Skrilla™, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Skrilla™ macrumors regular

My Dock stays on top of the screen all the time (except when playing WoW); when I view videos in full screen it stays there. I know I can set it to hide, but is there some way to get to go back to normal? It used to not do this.

If I have an Alias in the dock, should it launch the app from there? I dragged a couple in there but they don't do anything when I click them.

2. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

You have two choices for the dock:
    1 Have it visible all the time
    2. Automatically hide & show dock. When your mouse pointer moves to where the dock is hiding, it will appear, and visa versa.

Yes clicking on a dock icon should start the program

Sorry should have said. To change the dock settings click the apple symbol at the top left of the screen ........ dock ....... dock preferences.

FJ

3. RedDragon870503 macrumors 6502

RedDragon870503

Sounds like you have a glitch in the dock software; try resetting your dock preferences by deleting your dock preference document...

4. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

When I watch DVDs, the whole screen is taken, and I can't see the dock or menubar etc.

5. Skrilla™ thread starter macrumors regular

that's how it used to be for me, I can't see the menu bar, but the dock stays.

Where is the Dock preferences document that I need to delete?

6. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

If you set the player to Full Screen you shouldn't see the dock or Menu Bar. Move your cursor up to where the Menu Bar should be and it will appear.