Dock/Exposé Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by haiggy, Sep 29, 2004.

1. haiggy macrumors 65816

Hi,

Lately my dock has been quitting and reloading quite often. It has happened as much as twice in five minutes and it probably does this about 5 times a day. Also, just today I have noticed that Exposé (after putting my mouse in the hot corner) takes about 3 seconds to react and I have Adium X and Camino open. To add to this list, Safari is acting up and won't load pages (which would be why I am using Camino)

Any ideas would help,
    Thanks.

2. Espnetboy3 macrumors 6502

disk repair permissions maybe , wat os are u running , and i dont understand your problem fully with expose

3. haiggy thread starter macrumors 65816

I am running 10.3.5 and what I mean with Expose is that if I put my mouse in the hot corner for "view all windows" it takes about 3 seconds before it does it, as apposed to right away like it used to do before. Just recently my dock basically froze... when I put my cursor over it no magnification and I got the beachball... I tried to log out but it wouldn't so I had to re-boot. I find that the changing desktops in OS X cause a lot of problems...

4. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

Definitely start out by repairing permissions. This can be done using the Disk Utility app found in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder.

Let us know if that helps, and if anything is repaired.

5. Edot macrumors 6502

Are you running any interface mods? Does this only happen when audium is open?

6. haiggy thread starter macrumors 65816

I repaired permissions and do it like once a month. You're right, this might be an Adium X problem but I use it so often I wouldn't know if it's not. Repairing permissions might have worked as I haven't seen any dock problems today. So far so good