Dock Extender Cables?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by DonP, Jan 24, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a dock extension cable (2'-3') that has all 30 pins connected through.

I did buy one that was described that way, and only 4 pins were connected, so it didn't work at all with my touch.

Anyone know of a cable that is a full 30 pin implementation? Thanks!

2. macrumors regular

Do you mean a 30-pin to USB cable? Apple sells the 10-foot Griffin extension cable.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H1826ZM/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjE

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I mean a 30 pin male to 30 pin female dock extender cable. I did find one that would probably work, http://www.cablejive.com/products/dockXtender.html but it's more expensive than I wanted. The $10 eBay ones have only four pins wired through and will not work. I'll probably spring for the good one.

4. macrumors regular

Have you found one that works?

The cablejive one says it doesn't work for video so it must not have all 30 pins wired.

I'm looking for a true 30-pin-to-30-pin extension cable as well...

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

I never bought a cable, so no new information.

The CableJive does claim to be a true 30-pin implementation, so it should work, and they have a good return policy. I would try the CableJive.

6. macrumors G5

Macman45

I've bough three of them, all claim to work, none of them did..One works intermittently...If you do find one, let us know.:)

7. macrumors 6502a

There's also this thread on the same topic.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1414746

I have one exntension cable on order and will report back it if works for my purpose. But since it's for a car stereo, it might not need all 30 pins connected.

Btw, if there were really all 30 pins connected, wouldn't the cable have to be crazy thick ? 30 individual wires should make up for quite a cable.

-t

8. macrumors regular

Hmmm, if that was the case then why do they say it doesn't work with the Apple VGA adapter? If all 30 pins were connected I would think it would compatible with any device or adapter, right?

Did you try these with the Pioneer stereo or were you trying to get something else to work?

That's my other topic, heh. This topic I just bumped because it was in a different forum (iPod Touch) so I apologize for any confusion!

9. macrumors G5

Macman45

Did you try these with the Pioneer stereo or were you trying to get something else to work?

No, just tried to use it with my phone and iPad...they were pretty cheap though, I guess you get what you pay for.

10. macrumors 6502

iBaloney

would using a dock extender cable (e.g., cablejive's dock extender for car stereo) decrease the audio quality in any way?