Dock for 60GB Vid iPod with Agent 18 case?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by KevKaos, Nov 26, 2006.

1. KevKaos macrumors 6502

I am looking for a desktop dock for my Gen5.5 60GB video iPod. The problem is that I have an Agent 18 hard plastic case on it that I would like to not have to take off every time I use the dock. I would like to use the dock for both charging the iPod and for connecting to iTunes. Any thoughts? Anyone else using an Agent 18 case with a dock successfully? I also want to get the Bose iPod player, but I image I will have the same problem there.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You can use the dock with the agent 18, i do. But the IM3 speakers will cause you to have to remove your case.

3. KevKaos thread starter macrumors 6502

So you think that just about all the speaker setups are likely to require that I remove the case? When you say "the dock", I assume you mean the Apple dock? I have not been able to find one out of a box to test fit. Thanks for the information.

4. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

The Agent 18 VideoShield was designed to work with Apple's Universal Dock, as long as you use it without any dock adapter plates. I am fairly shure that it will work with the Bose SoundDock as well because it uses similar dock adapters, but I cannot guarantee it.

5. Maccus Aurelius macrumors 6502a

Maccus Aurelius

The Agent 18 case comes with its own dock adapter so you don't have to worry about the fit. Of course you can't use the stock adapter plates, because they're all designed for exposed ipods. If you got the Agent18, you should have a specially designed docking plate for it alongside the clear backstand and metal belt clip.

6. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

7. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I bought the Agent 18 when it first came out and it didn't have any adapter and did not fit the universal dock. DLO makes a dock that does not cradle the iPod rather the iPod sits atop the exposed connector. Google DLO iPod dock to find it.

8. KevKaos thread starter macrumors 6502

That sounds promising. I'll take a look.

9. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I have a 60GB iPod Photo [4G] with the Agent 18 hard case. When I got my Bose SoundDock it didn't come with an adapter for the 60 - you had to send away for it. Just as well, since my Agent 18-encased iPod fits right into the Bose dock with no adapter, so I never have to remove the case.:)

10. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

Only the recently released Agent18 VideoShield Kit for iPod (and the nano version) come with the adapter, as shown in this short review on iLounge.

[​IMG]