Dock help?!?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iminimac, Jul 1, 2005.

1. iminimac macrumors regular

i use my dock for all the usual stuff. all my applications are on my dock. Is there a way i can seperate my applications into easy groups (by like a partition line or something) so i can have a group for media and some for work etc

any help

2. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

There are seperators available for download here.

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The other solution is to drag folders to the Dock. You can even make a folder full of application aliases and put that in the Dock.

Whenever some Windows-head tells me the Dock is just a rip-off of the Windows Task Bar, I ask 'em they can do that with the Task Bar.

4. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

From the windows task bar? That's rediculous. It's a rip-off of the NeXT dock. :rolleyes: ;) :D

5. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

I thought I was pretty stupid when I discovered this. It just seemed so obvious after the fact.

Another way to have quick access to programs, it to have write scripts that launch your favorite applications. For single apps it might be silly, but if you launch a group of apps at a time it can make sense. (I wrote some single scripts that launch from the scripts location of the menu bar. Just save your scripts to the scripts folder.