Dock icon (nvu) repeatedly appears/vanishes

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gfroyle, May 9, 2005.

1. gfroyle macrumors member

I downloaded the nvu HTML editor as a .dmg. It mounted fine, but as soon as I opened it, the icon appeared in the dock, then vanished, then reappeared, then vanished.... etc etc in an infinite loop.

I couldn't stop it because, presumably, it is repeatedly crashing on opening and then attempting to restart...

Does anyone know what is happening or how to deal with it? (I eventually had to do a complete shutdown to force it to stop).

I have had this once before with a very early version of firefox...

Using: Mac Mini w/Tiger

Thanks

Gordon

2. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

may not be compatible with Tiger... checking for myself.

ok it is... trash the preferences. ~/Library/Application Support/Nvu

you should be able to kill it from Activity Monitor... rather than restarting

or hold click on the icon in the dock... "Force Quit" should be an option in most cases.

3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

i'm having a similar problem with photoshop cs2.... occaisionally when i attempt to open it, it will bounce, then stop as if i'd never touched it... and won't open until i restart. Kind of a separate (but possibly connected) issue is that its icon keeps disappearing. I'll startup and it'll be gone... i'll place it in, and it'll stay until a restart. But it's inconsistent... one day it'll disappear, the next it'll be there. I think it's a bug with the dock in Tiger.

I can't wait until 10.4.1.....