Dock Icon Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tara18, Jun 8, 2006.

1. tara18 macrumors newbie

I changed the icon for iCal, but when I open the application the icon reverts back to the original one. Once I close the app, the icon returns to the new one. How do i fix this?

2. imacintel macrumors 68000

This is normal operation for iCal. iCal was actually released the date it says when it is closed(July 17?) But it displays the current date when open.:)

3. tara18 thread starter macrumors newbie

I never noticed that...cool! But the same thing happens with Internet Connect, too.

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

5. simmonstwin macrumors member

Its not Cooll!! its pretty stupid. I have never understood why they dont have it starting up on the correct date. Everytime i want to veiw the date I have to start the app up. And please dont tell me that i can download this program or use this widget , because franckly i shouldnt have to , their app should do it's function.

6. tara18 thread starter macrumors newbie

Clicking on the time in the menu bar is a less frustrating option. That's how I always check the date.

7. tara18 thread starter macrumors newbie

I used Candybar.

8. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Just add iCal to the list of apps to start upon startup. iCal uses very little CPU usage, and this way, it always shows the correct date and is always open if you need to look something up or make changes. :)