Dock is broken!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rye9, Feb 13, 2006.

1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

This morning when I went on, my Apple-Mac OS X icon is gone, how do I get it back?! Also, magnification is ON, but it DOESNT MAGNIFY! Also, the app name does not appear over the icon! Please help! Now it is frozen!

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

3. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

Also, when my arrow moves over the dock, nothing happens. (i guess this would mean frozen, which I already said it was). I guess i'll just shut down...

4. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Restarting is the first thing you should always try when something like this happens. Another thing you can do it Spotlight "Activity Monitor" and use that to end the dock process (it'll start up again immediately) and will be unfrozen.

5. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

Thanks!, now I dont hace to shut down/restart! But how do I get the Apple-MacOS X icon back?

6. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

what do you mean Apple-MacOS X icon?

where was it located?

7. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

next to the trash icon

8. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

by the mac os x icon i assume you mean the finder icon (the smiley thingy for the people who don't know what finder is). You can't remove that (to my knowledge) so Getting it back may be hard. Getting back the logo is easy, but that would only be decoration. I am not sure how to get back the application, but if you want the logo for decoration you should do a spotlight search for coreservices, click on the folder that comes up, find finder, and drag that in the dock.

EDIT: in my long search for things while typing, people got ahead of me and now i assume you mean the home folder (the house). To do that you will have to go macintosh hd/users. then you drag the house logo into the dock near the trash.

9. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Then that means it was a URL link

go to apple.com and drag the Mac OS X tab icon down to that area and it will make it a hot link

10. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

Thanks! It worked!