Dock Noise??

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by C-Mezak, Sep 24, 2004.

1. C-Mezak macrumors regular

C-Mezak

Hey guys,

Once in a while - and it's happening now - I hear a noise from my 12" pb when interacting with my dock. So when it pops up from hiding, when im moving around the magnification, and when it retracts below the desktop theres a noise coming from near the hard drive. Im not sure that it is the hard drive, because sometimes the HD will be busy doing something making its usual noises and the dock noise still shows up.

So have I described this in enough detail? If so, what is this?

Thanks

Charlie

2. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

well i know its not an interface noise because i just tryed all u listed....has to be your hd.

3. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

Yeah, must be the HD. The dock would not make noise like that.

4. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Thats kinda odd but you gave me an idea. In Tiger Apple should add dock noises like they had in 9. Like you have a sound when you scroll across the dock, and a sound when you select an icon on the dock.

5. slughead macrumors 68030

slughead

my PC does that sometimes--makes different noises depending on what's on the screen .. it's very odd.

It might be the electron's making noises. You know that charging sound some cameras make in between flashes? that's the EMR jiggling the air molecules, or the wire molecules.

I had built a tazer one time that made that noise, drove my dog nuts.

6. JackRipper macrumors regular

I too hear a noise when using the dock. I believe it is the video card as I also hear the same noise when scrolling large windows or playing games.

Could be what you're hearing.