Dock problem - please god help its so irritating

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rudy, Feb 22, 2007.

1. rudy macrumors newbie

Jul 6, 2006
    I tried installing a plug in for logic and the install seemed to error. I forced it to quit, then my mac was running real slow so I restarted it.

After the restart my dock had moved the the right and I dont mean on the right of the screen, its in the bottom right corner. I've gone through some of my files and found some bits I think had appeared there from the install and restarted it again.

The problem hadnt changed at all, I tried changing everything in the dock prefs. Everything acts normally except when I put the dock at the bottom.

Any ideas?
  2. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

May 14, 2006
    Roskilde, DK
    Restart Finder? (force quit finder)

Trash Dock preferences (Library>Preferences>
  3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Placement somewhere other than the center of a screen edge is an option, but it's not available through the default settings. Try TinkerTool...head into the Dock placement settings there and toggle a few things to see if you can get things straightened out.

Otherwise, you can probably just drag the file from <your user name>/Library/Preferences to your Desktop and then relaunch your Dock using TinkerTool. But be sure to keep a record of what your Dock looked like and what apps were on it, because this will revert it to the default.
  4. rudy thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 6, 2006
    Thanks I used the tinker tool after deleting that file and its all back to normal. Thank you so so much that was really bugging me.