Dock problem - please god help its so irritating

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rudy, Feb 22, 2007.

1. rudy macrumors newbie

I tried installing a plug in for logic and the install seemed to error. I forced it to quit, then my mac was running real slow so I restarted it.

After the restart my dock had moved the the right and I dont mean on the right of the screen, its in the bottom right corner. I've gone through some of my files and found some bits I think had appeared there from the install and restarted it again.

The problem hadnt changed at all, I tried changing everything in the dock prefs. Everything acts normally except when I put the dock at the bottom.

Any ideas?

2. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Restart Finder? (force quit finder)

Trash Dock preferences (Library>Preferences>com.apple.dock.plist).

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Placement somewhere other than the center of a screen edge is an option, but it's not available through the default settings. Try TinkerTool...head into the Dock placement settings there and toggle a few things to see if you can get things straightened out.

Otherwise, you can probably just drag the file com.apple.Dock.plist from <your user name>/Library/Preferences to your Desktop and then relaunch your Dock using TinkerTool. But be sure to keep a record of what your Dock looked like and what apps were on it, because this will revert it to the default.

4. rudy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks I used the tinker tool after deleting that file and its all back to normal. Thank you so so much that was really bugging me.