Dock screwed up...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JPT, Dec 6, 2006.

1. JPT macrumors regular

May 4, 2006
    Hey, my dock is all screwed up... I have it set to magnify and when I hover over it does not magnify. if I click on an app it magnifies that section and locks it in that magnify until I click somewhere else on the desktop or something...

I have tried restarting toggling the setting on and off, and quitting the dock.

Never mind, It's all fixed :D
  2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

Jan 28, 2005
    American Riviera
    do you have any themes or other modifications/haxies installed?
  3. zwida macrumors 6502a

Jan 5, 2001
  4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    How did you quit the Dock?

If you don't have any haxies installed, try the following. (I've explained things at a basic level, but if you've already got a tool for quitting the Dock you can use that to make things easier.)

Make a note of how your Dock is set up...apps, sizes, etc. Open Terminal. (It's in Applications --> Utilities.) In Finder, go to <your user name>/Library/Preferences and move the file to your Desktop. In Terminal, type "killall Dock" without the quotes and hit return. The Dock will quit and relaunch itself, showing the default size and apps. Then see if it behaves itself. If not, you can always drag your plist back to the Preferences folder, replacing the new one that's been created. Relaunching Dock again will bring back your old customized Dock.

If your still having problems, create a new user account and see how that one behaves.
  5. JPT thread starter macrumors regular

May 4, 2006
    omgsh.... I just unplugged my mouse plugged it back in and it worked fine...
  6. cynerjist macrumors regular

Nov 8, 2006
    :) :)