Dockable, Smart Cover Friendly case?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by The JTizzle, Apr 5, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

Any one seen one? I current have a skin and a smart cover but still want more protection. I really liked what in had seen of that new Aviiq case, but it's not dockable. Any suggestions?

2. macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

been a few weeks and still haven't found one myself, any one else have any luck?

3. macrumors 601

clyde2801

Maybe the skins and smart cover plus a tote or sleeve for carrying.

4. macrumors 68000

If you are referring to the iPad 2 dock, then I don't think you are going to find a "dockable" case unless it's a case where part of the bottom comes off. For example, for the iPad 1 speck had a case where the back section near the port snapped back to allow for the dock, and there were some other cases where the bottom half could be removed. However, I don't think I have seen anything like this that is also compatible with the smart cover in the works, at least not yet.

5. macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

Yah i currently have a Smart cover and skin and to works in the dock just fine. I'm looking to pick up a thin, hard shell for some added protection.

I had a Otterbox Defender for my iPad 1, but it was overkill for my needs and I am looking to avoid the bulk this time around. It had a removable slot in the back that allowed it to slid into the apple dock when removed, looking to find something similar for the ipad 2.