Dockable, Smart Cover Friendly case?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by The JTizzle, Apr 5, 2011.

1. The JTizzle
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

Any one seen one? I current have a skin and a smart cover but still want more protection. I really liked what in had seen of that new Aviiq case, but it's not dockable. Any suggestions?

2. The JTizzle
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

been a few weeks and still haven't found one myself, any one else have any luck?

3. clyde2801
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 601

clyde2801

Maybe the skins and smart cover plus a tote or sleeve for carrying.

4. jedolley
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

If you are referring to the iPad 2 dock, then I don't think you are going to find a "dockable" case unless it's a case where part of the bottom comes off. For example, for the iPad 1 speck had a case where the back section near the port snapped back to allow for the dock, and there were some other cases where the bottom half could be removed. However, I don't think I have seen anything like this that is also compatible with the smart cover in the works, at least not yet.

5. The JTizzle
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

Yah i currently have a Smart cover and skin and to works in the dock just fine. I'm looking to pick up a thin, hard shell for some added protection.

I had a Otterbox Defender for my iPad 1, but it was overkill for my needs and I am looking to avoid the bulk this time around. It had a removable slot in the back that allowed it to slid into the apple dock when removed, looking to find something similar for the ipad 2.