Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rich74

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
I have a BOSE dock, when I put my iPod in the dock, in the bottom left of the iPod screen, I'll get the Spotify icon show up and the screen will change from displaying the clock and / or charging to the Spotify screen of what I was last listening to.

Now, Spotify hasn't been used for a few days so it is not running in the background, so does anyone know why this is happening please and more to the point, how to stop it from happening?

Thanks.

chasonstone

macrumors 6502
Dec 24, 2010
Kentucky
Is this the "suggested apps" feature of iOS at play? When I plug in headphones (well on my 6+, not anymore with my 7+) my music does the same thing because iOS tries to proactively show you what you're likely looking for. If it is and you don't care for them maybe turn them off all together.
  1. Open Settings
  2. Go to “iTunes & App Store” and scroll all the way to the bottom
  3. Under ‘Suggested Apps’, toggle the switches for “My Apps” and “App Store” to the OFF position

Rich74

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
Hi sorry for not replying sooner.

That option is not on my iPod.

If I go to 'iTunes & App store' there is no 'suggested apps' section there.

It shows (in order of appearance)

Apple ID
Password Settings

Music
Apps
Updates

Nothing else in that section.

chasonstone

macrumors 6502
Dec 24, 2010
Kentucky
Hi sorry for not replying sooner.

That option is not on my iPod.

If I go to 'iTunes & App store' there is no 'suggested apps' section there.

It shows (in order of appearance)

Apple ID
Password Settings

Music
Apps
Updates

Nothing else in that section.

Hm I think it must've moved in an iOS update. All I know is when I used to plug in headphones it would open my music app on the way you're speaking of so I thought it was probably that. Sorry I'm not much help :/

nnoble

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2011
Hm I think it must've moved in an iOS update. All I know is when I used to plug in headphones it would open my music app on the way you're speaking of so I thought it was probably that. Sorry I'm not much help :/

! sorry, this was meant for OP: Are you using MusiXmatch Lyrics with both iTunes and Spotify? If so, check the available options and check/uncheck as required.

Last edited:

Rich74

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
Hi, no sorry I'm not, I've never even heard of it.

Rich74

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
Hi,

I tried your suggestions, thought it might have been a good thing to try but no luck.

This is what happens when you double click the home button, I have attached a screenshot, look at the bottom left, even when Spotify is not running, that is always there.

http://i.imgur.com/dMglvQg.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.