Docking port wont work on Iphone 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by OneHit89, Feb 17, 2010.

1. macrumors member

I woke up one morning, and noticed that my iphone didnt charge from when i plugged it in the night before, but didnt take notice to it at all. it wasnt until that night when i went to go plug it in to recharge again that I noticed that my iphone wont recharge (use the wall outlet plug), it didnt show the charge screen or anything, as if it didnt notice that it was plugged into anything. I have come to the conclusion that the problem is with my iphone, because i have tried other cords, other outlets, and tried plugging it into my computer to see if it will sync, but no luck.

I did not drop it in water, and have checked both the sensors in the dock, and earpiece, and dont notice any pink color. However last week we did get a lot of snow, and my pocket might have gotten a little wet, dont know if got my phone wet? The phone did work for a week just fine since the possibility of my phone getting wet.

I have had my phone for 1 and a half years, up for a new one this summer (wanted to wait for the update) am I out of luck if i cant go without an iphone for 5 months?

Again, my phone works fine, havent used it much in the last day or so, its just that the dock on the bottom doesnt work, any solutions, times running out, about half a battery left. thank you

2. macrumors regular

The dock connectors get worn after a while. It probably needs replacing so if you cannot do it, your local repairer can.