Docking Station?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shadowfayre, Jan 17, 2006.

1. shadowfayre macrumors member

I'll start off with the latest "I am new" response; not only to MacRumors, but to Mac's in general. I am one of those "converts" or at least that is the plan. With that plan, I tend to purchase the upcoming MacBook Pro. One thing I haven't seen anything about is a docking station. Using Win32 laptops for as long as laptops have been available, I have several with docking stations. The idea, not that I think an explanation is required; is to have all the accessories (keyboard, mouse, printing, monitor, etc) plugged into a docking station instead of directly in the laptop.

Well, unless I am missing something (which is all possible), I haven't seen one for the MacBook or for that matter previous Powerbooks. Can anyone shine a light on this subject? Thanks,

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Bookendz make docks for Apple notebooks. It will probably be a while before MacBook docks are available.

3. japasneezemonk macrumors 6502

japasneezemonk

It's too soon. The new MacBook Pro hasn't even been released yet.

4. adk macrumors 68000

adk

The problem with docking stations for apple laptops is that they have ports on the side. Bookendz work, but they're not as slick as a true docking station.