Docking stations for 17" MBP?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AustinMBP, Dec 17, 2006.

1. AustinMBP macrumors newbie

Anyone know where you can find a docking station for a 17" MBP? been hunting on the web for a few hours now and can't seem to find anything.

Bookendz looks like they will be selling 15" docks end of January, but no word on 17" docks.

Looking to setup my new 17" MBP to easily connect/unconnect to external hard drive, 23" ACD, speakers and USB printer without having to deal with cables all the time...

Cheers,
    JMB

2. Maxwell Smart macrumors 6502a

Maxwell Smart

Bookendz is the only mac docking place I've seen online, so if they aren't selling one, I don't think you'll be able to get one anywhere else :-/

3. AustinMBP thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick response Maxwell. I'll monitor/ping Bookendz to see when they will create a 17" product.

Is it just me, or does this seem like a big, gaping hole in the Apple laptop accessories product line?

Granted that I'm a newbie in the Apple/MBP space... been a PC guy since my first computer experiences but just made the dive into Mac and have had quite positive experiences aside from the dock... you can get docks for PC's from nearly every manufacturer and I'm quite shocked that this doesn't seem to be a part of the Apple ecosystem...

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Belkin has a planned Expresscard based "dock"/port replicator that should be out soon which may ultimately support Macs.

B