Docking Stations - Macbook pro - 13 inch

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jeevster, Jan 1, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Can anyone recommend a decent docking station for the MBP 13 inch (late 2011).

2. macrumors 6502

I'd look at hengedock they are pretty nice, and make everything easy once you set them up

3. macrumors member

4. macrumors 68000

5. thread starter macrumors member

I have a 27' imac, but i need somewhere to dock the macbook pro to save space...

----------

I have looked at them, but most reviews bascially say they are nothing but cable tidys, and most of the cables u need are not supplied..... but they do look good!

6. macrumors 6502

[/COLOR]

I have looked at them, but most reviews bascially say they are nothing but cable tidys, and most of the cables u need are not supplied..... but they do look good![/QUOTE]

I had one and really enjoyed it, and if you already used an external monitor you should have most of the cables you need, you would just need a keyboard and mouse in addition to the monitor to run the macbook in clamshell mode.

7. macrumors member

8. macrumors 68000

9. macrumors member

10. macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

I just ordered by hengedock last week, going to pick it up today. I'll post a quick review when I get it set up.

11. macrumors 6502

Aren't docking stations in general nothing more than a fancy and expensive way to keep cables tidy?

12. macrumors 68020

In the case of a Mac, pretty much yes. On the other hand I have a Dell that has a port replicator/dock that greatly expands on the available ports and functionality of the machine. But it also has a connector on the underside dedicated to that purpose that is the interface to the dock. Something our Mac's don't have. .