Doctor Who Help.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ipodml, May 1, 2006.

1. ipodml macrumors newbie

Hey folks - please go easy on me this is the first time that i have ever posted a thread so i am hoping this is in the right place.

I would like a bit of help regarding Doctor Who films, and i remember seeing a doctor who thread so i was kinda wondering if any fans are around here. Okay, i am trying to find a screenshot of a really early episode of Doctor Who where a very rare and very old huge lava lamp called the Mathmos Princess is displayed, very little is known at that lamp, and very few have survived and very few were ever made.

Someone posted this on a lava lamp collecting site, and i am wondering where i can find this episode to look at, are these episodes easy to find:

"Well i can deffo say that the crestworth princess was around in 1968 as it appeared in the dr who series with the cybermen the wheel in space i tracked the video down only 2 episodes of the 6 shows excist and u can see 5-6 princess lamps bubbling away."

I would really appreciate any help,

Thank you so much + peace + lava + love,

Anthony

2. Brize macrumors 6502a

Brize

3. ipodml thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you so much folks - yup these are the ones that i was looking for - i was wondering was this shot in black and white or are there any colour versions - looking at the wax it looks like it was a light coloured wax in a clear oil - thanks once again for the pictures

you are amazing.

anthony

4. ipodml thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks once again

i was wondering where i can see this episode (just really want to see them bubbling) - are these available for purchase somewhere - i tried the itms but it doesn't have it.

thanks

anthony

5. Brize macrumors 6502a

Brize

6. ipodml thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry this may sound silly but just to confirm what episodes have the lava lamps in the background - i would sure love to have one of these huge lamps maybe i will make one if i can find a glass blower to blow me the glass bottle for it - would look nice in the corner - why are the other 4 episodes missing? doesn't the bbc have a copy of them from the 60s.

thanks once again for the help

anthony

7. Brize macrumors 6502a

Brize

The BBC photo-novel indicates that the lava lamps definitely feature in episodes 5 and 6, although they may appear in earlier episodes as well.

There are a substantial number of early Doctor Who episodes missing - the BBC disposed of them in the early 1970s because they needed more archive space.