Doctors: FluMist Not For Everyone

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wdlove, Oct 23, 2003.

1. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    Too many little babies around. Show the doctor your damn shoulder and it is over in 2 seconds.

2. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Heh I am more of a baby when it comes to the hit on my wallet!

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

kind of like... sort of... no, Nick, they DO pierce your skin. that's why it's called a hypodermic. what the hell dumbass reporter actually used this quote?

Oh, heavens no, not THAT! these people need to go live in the real world, where complaints are more likely "my child has a very high fever but I can't afford to get him any medicine" or "i'm going to die of cancer because my insurance company dropped me when the test results came in". I think they'd have a little more appreciation as to why a ****ing SHOT isn't the end of the world.

pnw

4. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    arn't they something like $5?

5. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

The shots are $12 in my town, and the nose spray is $75. So I would prefer the shot and to buy some cool game or something to comfort me. ... That is what I meant. :)

6. Phil Of Mac macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

I had a flu shot awhile ago, and I could barely feed it. And the guy giving me the shot just stabbed it into my arm like a lumberjack throwing an axe into a cutting block, you know, so it sticks there.

7. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

it's not for me either. i disqualify for 3 things mentioned there, of which the not perfect immune system is enough itself.

8. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

At my local health care provider the shot has been free. The reason is that it is much cheaper to prevent the Flu than to treat the actual disease an it's complication.

9. skymac macrumors member

Oh gimme a break, i just got my shot last week and i could not even feel it, its all in the head when it comes to flu shots and other vaccinations. for god sakes you gt like five of them in your first year of life and you dont remember a single one now. why waste 50 dollars like that. when that guy said its kind of like getting piched really hard, its actually much less pniful than a pinch, my doc has in interesting tecnique of piching people who are scared(like my little brother)just befor the needle penetrates the skin, he did this to me once about 7 yrs ago and i coulf noty even feel the needle,

10. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

...but wait, isn't that exactly what they want? you know, for it to cost more to treat. because they're not treating it for free...you're paying. right? so the more it costs to treat, the more you pay...and if they take profits in percentages, the more you pay means the larger amount of money percentages translate into...plus, they can just hand you a piece of paper asking you to spend more money, as opposed to providing you with active substances like vaccinations...

so they're giving you a free shot, in which they spend money on the vaccination fluid, so that you won't have to take the trouble of paying them a lot of money on visits...?

I just don't understand...general practitioners with ethics and selflessness?!

NOW I've seen everything!

11. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

I happen to be too old for the FluMist. Don't mind getting the shot, usually just a little sore for a couple of days. It's definitely much better than the flu. The Flu shot doesn't hurt for me at all, technique makes all the difference in the world.

The cost to the insurer is much more if I get sick. I pay a $15 office visit. Other items I pay 20% of the cost. So it ends up being more advantageous for them. I just don't like being sick when I don't have to be sick.