Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

backsidetailsli

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
Toronto!
hey everybody
i recently started school and im going to start filling my documents up with school work. today i opened up the folder and there were already a bunch of documents like REXDLL 060801 234120.log. there are quite a few of these, i dont know what they are there for, anyone know? if anything id like to have them into a folder, but i dont know what program is doing this. at least i can move the directory into a new folder so it looks a little organized.

heres a picture
picture1ep6.png

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
backsidetailsli said:
hey everybody
i recently started school and im going to start filling my documents up with school work. today i opened up the folder and there were already a bunch of documents like REXDLL 060801 234120.log. there are quite a few of these, i dont know what they are there for, anyone know? if anything id like to have them into a folder, but i dont know what program is doing this. at least i can move the directory into a new folder so it looks a little organized.

heres a picture
picture1ep6.png
interesting... i dont know what it is... try open it, and post something of its content... or post what application do you have installed?

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
okay... now im wondering what app is doing that... can i have a list of app you have? also, do you use parallel, crossover, etc?

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
:D
backsidetailsli said:
no paralells or that sort of ****. all my apps eh? lol i guess i can make you a list

also do you remember telling any program to log? let it be for networking, backing up, etc etc? (well, id imagine if you remembered any log you requested, you'd know where to go... so this is prob not the case)

and when did you start noticing the problem, what's the earliest of the log, and what did you install around that time (and yes, i still want the list of the apps :D

do you use filevault?

backsidetailsli

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
Toronto!
adress book
adium
adobe illustrator
adobe photoshop
adobe premiere
apple script
audio hijack
autmomator
battlefield 1942
big bang board games
bitTorrent
calculator
candybar
cd spin doctor
chess
cinema tools
CocoThumbX
comic life
compressor
dashboard
dictionary
divx converter
divx converter
Dvd Player
DVDesktop
earthdesk
enigma
final cut pro
firefox
flip4mac
fontbook
garageband
handbrake
ical
ichat
idvd
image capture
imovie hd
internet connect
iphotot
iserial reader
ishowu
isquint
isync
itunes
iweb
iwork06
limewire
livetype
logic express
mac the ripper
mail
microsoft auto update
microsoft office
motion pictures hd
omni outliner
photobooth
preview
quicken 2006
quictime player
rardroppiX
safari
sherlock
signal scope pro
snap shooter
stickies
stuffit 10
system preferences teamspeex
tech tool deluxe
text edit
toast titanium
tubesock
utilities
warcraft III folder
Xedit

backsidetailsli

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
Toronto!
nothing that im using. i searched rewire in my spotlight and i got a warcraft thing called exactly that and a final cut pro thing

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
backsidetailsli said:
august 8 is the first
september 5th is the last
recall anything you did around that day?
what OS X version are you using
doing any back up?
hosting any server or alike?

backsidetailsli

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
Toronto!
with the last not being today. i lauched a bunch of programs seperately until a log was created today. the culprit is logic express. how will i get it to stop now? can i delete the ones made already?

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
backsidetailsli said:
with the last not being today. i lauched a bunch of programs seperately until a log was created today. the culprit is logic express. how will i get it to stop now? can i delete the ones made already?

provided i dont use logic... go to preferences of logic, and see if there's any setting related to logging... i'd imagine the logs can be deleted, but i wouldn't delete them w/o knowing who logged. they aren't big right, just annoying?

backsidetailsli

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
Toronto!
bearbo said:
provided i dont use logic... go to preferences of logic, and see if there's any setting related to logging... i'd imagine the logs can be deleted, but i wouldn't delete them w/o knowing who logged. they aren't big right, just annoying?

very annoying!
:mad:

lol at least if i can get them to put themselves in a folder

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
backsidetailsli said:
very annoying!
:mad:

lol at least if i can get them to put themselves in a folder
haha, that you can try, as long as it's reversible you can try anything you want...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.