Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

larrybeo

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Chicago
Finally!

Finally! Thanks to Dataviz, the iPhone is becoming more and more Palm-like every day! I can't wait to get my hands on this app! Now only if it could let you email contacts, cut and paste between contacts and notes, and most importantly Dataviz - email the edited .docx file as an attachment! My beloved Palm Handheld is creepingly coming back to life!

larrybeo

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Chicago
It is FREE on Palm OS

The Palm OS version *came with the handheld*, so no one ever really bought it. But yes, if you bought it without the handheld, it ranged from $29-$49. But of course, that is in the Palm OS land, where I paid $14.99 for Pac-Man, $19.99 for Scrabble, and $9.99 for a simple Chess game. *everything* was more expensive on the Palm OS platform because not everyone and their baby brother and great grandmother owned a Palm OS device - so devs couldn't sell as many copies. The Palm over-the-air "app store" on the Tungsten TX only offerred about 300 apps one could download mobile directly into their handheld, for instance.
Given all the details, I would expect the Dataviz iPhone app to be $9.99, or $14.99 at the highest.

I'm all over this!

Wonder how much? I hope not tons..isn't the product on Palm OS like 35 bucks?

LeoNobilis

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2006
The Netherlands
Months to wait

Good news, certainly! But a two to four months wait, for a semi-capable (very good, but presumably not terribly capable) Documents to Go to be made available for download!
I had rather SoftMaker published their very powerful office suite for the iPhone! They lack resources at the moment, it appears… alas.

rhype

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2009
All I want is the ability to put PDF documents on my iPod touch, sending files to myself and having to find them in Mail isn't the way to go.

If it hasn't already been said you can use Readdle to store documents on your device. There's also MobileFiles Pro which allows two way transfers between your device and MobileMe.

eplchamps0304

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
Documents to go with no ability to copy and paste? With no ability to store files on the iphone indipendent of the app it was created in. No ability to email those files. Sounds interesting, just hope they have a free version like palm did.

annyhaiyan

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; zh-CN; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6)

Hello everyone, Welcome to the <a href=http://www.shopgogo.ca/apple/a1079.htm>apple a1079 battery</a> , and cheap, where you definitely have an unexpected harvest!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.