Dodgy Pricing on UK Refurb Store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacSA, Sep 11, 2006.

1. MacSA macrumors 68000

MacSA

Has anyone noticed the pricing of the Mac Minis on the UK refurb store? - the orginal prices were £449 (£399 now) and £599 (£529 now) respectively, which is what they are discounted from. They haven't sold them at that price for months, so you arent getting that great a deal. Are Apple breaking any law by doing this? Seems a bit shady in my opinion. And Apple don't have an email address to enquire about this pricing.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if these weren't old stock of the last Mini rather than refurbished products.

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    In a sale, as long as it was on sale for 28 days at the higher price, they can claim that was the price.

I've always assumed that when that serial is returned (added to refurb store), the original selling price for that order was loaded into the system (standard, BTO) and it stayed at that price regardless of what price changes then happened outside that.

3. MacSA thread starter macrumors 68000

MacSA

Maybe someone at Apple read my thread here, but the price for refurbished 1.5 core solo and 1.66 core duo mins seem to have dropped at the refurb store. Now £309 for the 1.5 and £419 for the duo model. Not bad.

4. majorp macrumors 6502

Has the 1.87ghz MBP ever been £1329? I thought it was £1429! An even better deal?

5. MacSA thread starter macrumors 68000

MacSA

I think they dropped the price at the last update.