"Doe Eyed" Citizenry.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mischief, May 20, 2005.

1. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

As it seems that the "Most Dangerous Terrorist" Thread is in need of a lifeboat, lest it be hijacked by spirited discussion in regards to American ignorance to their Plutarchy's atrocities abroad I am opening this thread specifically for those rants and that muckraking. I fully acknowledge that this will get ugly and I encourage as much linking to sources and vigorous debunking as possible to try to find a verifyable pattern of truth.

I am by no means a doe eyed american and I will research all assertions I can raised here in effort to either confirm, deny or prove otherwise ambiguous any issues raised. I fully hope I'll get help from some of our more spirited regulars in this research as this is likely to be a bumpy ride.

Ahmed, I will assume you'll start us off. You were saying something about Agent Orange in South America?

2. mischief thread starter macrumors 68030

mischief

Yeouch. One thing much of the rest of the world fails to realize is that 99% of this country's citizens are not even slightly supportive, participative in or even aware of most of the atrocities comitted abroad by the upper 1% and the government they've hijacked. Keep in mind: Most of us are ignorant, if not innocent.

Very few of us choose to climb the tallest tree they can, so to speak and look around for smoke. Of those, very few can be heard when yelling over the din of media noise and propoganda from the Right and the Left.

3. anonymous161 macrumors 6502

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains

I don't think it's the rest of the world's responsiblity to care if we know or not.

4. mischief thread starter macrumors 68030

mischief

What an odd statement.

Say you live out in farm country.... Lets say you have a neighbor with the biggest, baddest-ass combine you've ever seen. It's got all kinds of bells and whistles, rumbles around like a house on treads and just takes one guy to operate.

Let's then further suppose that this neighbor has a tendency to fall asleep when operating this beast at unpredictable moments resulting in chaos and destruction for everything within a random path until someone can call his family and one of them climbs into the thing to shut it down.

Now lets assume that this guy's family is told by him after every such incident that he's traded the thing in on one that won't run amok (even if he's asleep). We'll further assume that they believe him every time and are therefore suprised and take some convincing every time a neighbor calls saying their dad's combine is currently harvesting the back porch off their house.

Do you think, as this guy's neighbors, you'd begin keeping very very close track of this narcoleptic's activities and acquisitions?

Note: I'm aware that I'm removing the self serving, often malicious role often played by certain cabals in power but I'm trying to get the American problem across: We need to get this idiot into a home, sell the goddamn combine and keep better track of our famillial resources.