Does a denibber exist?

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by mysterytramp, Sep 12, 2008.

1. macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

I just spent about an hour trying to recreate a MacTech example of a Core Data application, and when it compiled I got maybe a million errors in Xcode. I'm sure I made the mistake ... BUT ... I was wondering if there were software out there that could take nib files and core data descriptions and create text files. It would be a lot easier to spot a mistake.

My memory is a little sketchy, but I'm thinking of something analogous to Rez and DeRez.

mt

PS ... In case you couldn't figure it out, I'm a n00b

2. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I've never heard of one.

Are you sure you have nib files not xib files? xib files are just XML so you should be able to open them in a text editor. Whether they are easy to read/understand I'm not sure...

Edit to add: you might want to read this. Perhaps the ibtool it discusses could be used to get you what you want?

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

that looks like exactly what I could use ... except I'm still on Tiger. But it looks like a good alternative to brute force debugging.

mt

4. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

In that case I think you should still have access to nibtool. The -a option looks like it might help...

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

GREAT!

Exactly what I was looking for ...

Thanks

mt