Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tallyho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
UK
I am going round in circles trying to find my perfect iPad case. Basically I like the folio style of the Apple case, but not the material it is made from. I would be happy with the Yoobao V2, but I do not like the way the corners of the iPad are quite exposed. There is a much more expensive Piel Frama case which covers the corners as I want, but I have read mixed views on it regarding setting it at a shallow angle for typing - some people have said it is fine, but others say the angle is too shallow and also that it sags a bit. Certainly the front of the case does not lock in place as the Apple case does (and the Yoobao).
So, does anyone know of a case which 1) covers all corners and edges and 2) has a lock-in-place front cover for setting it at around a 40 degree angle for typing? (As indicated in the annotated attached picture).
I'm guessing not as I have been searching pretty exhaustively, but it's worth asking!

Attachments

• idealcase.jpg
    idealcase.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 142

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
You didn't mention your price range and this may well be outside of it, but Vaja has an Agenda 2 case out that functions exactly like Apple's case but is made out of leather and covers the corners. I, too, liked the functionality of Apple's case but hated the material and lack of padding/more solid protection. I have an Agenda 2 case on order now.

tallyho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
UK
Yes I've seen the thread on the Vaja Agenda 2. That does look great although it's such a high-end product that I may feel like I needed a case or sleeve to protect the Vaja case! Also, the entire bottom edge of the iPad is exposed on the Vaja Agenda 2, so while the corners are protected, that bottom edge could get dinged or scratched. I'm still looking for one with the minimum possible cutouts-just for the dock, speaker, volume etc, with everything else covered. But also with the 40 degree typing mode of the Apple case.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
You didn't mention your price range and this may well be outside of it, but Vaja has an Agenda 2 case out that functions exactly like Apple's case but is made out of leather and covers the corners. I, too, liked the functionality of Apple's case but hated the material and lack of padding/more solid protection. I have an Agenda 2 case on order now.

Although I agree that the Vaja case is better, I just can't think of spending 50% of the device cost on a case to protect it. You mentioned the Vaja case protectors the corners, the Apple case does too as they are covered. Were you speaking in terms of padding or just in general?

klho001

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2010
Look at the Chinao thread; it's synthetic leather but there MAY be plans to make a leather version

tallyho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
UK
Also check out the Piel Framer case it is very similar, I have it and love it.

Hi - yeah the Piel Frama case is the one in my annotated image above. How do you find it in the "typing" position? Obviously the front cover doesn't lock in place like it does on the Apple case, the Yoobao or the Vaja Agenda 2, and the angle looks much less - like it's only just inclined a bit from horizontal. I've read mixed reviews with some people saying the Piel Frama sags in the "typing" position so it's essentially horizontal. How is yours for typing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.