Does anybody here like Alias?

Discussion in 'Community' started by GeneR, Apr 23, 2003.

1. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

I used to really like Alias. In fact, I used to embarrass my girlfriend by doing a little dance whenever the opening credits began.

But alas, it wasn't meant to be. After a while, I just got sort of bored with it. I don't know how it happened. The enthusiasm for the show just died. I guess it suddenly struck me as formulaic and the novelty of it all just wore off.

More recently, I've started becoming a WB junkie and have begun to watch "Black Sash" which, for me is a big change, since I really didn't like Russell Wong nor his acting much in the past, but now find him okay.

Anyone else have a thought about this?

:confused:

2. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

I've never seen a full episode of "Alias." I did happen to catch part of the post-Superbowl episode. ;) :D That Jennifer Garner is one beautiful girl!

A bunch of my friends keep telling me to watch it, but I always find something else to watch on Sunday night (namely, Fox). If they would move it to another night, I'd probably end up watching it.

3. GeneR thread starter macrumors 6502a

GeneR

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I still think Alias is a great show, and I never miss the new episodes. I don't think it is formulaic because I'm pretty good at predicting TV show plots, but Alias keeps surprising me. The trouble is that they've had two or three repeats between every new show for the past couple of months, so it's hard to keep the enthusiam from one episode to the next. They often leave you with a cliffhanger ending, but you've forgotten what it was by the time the next new episode finally arrives.

5. GeneR thread starter macrumors 6502a

GeneR

Yeah, I think that definitely contributes...

I think you make some very good points, Doc. I just thought it got rather corny when ((spoilers for the uninitiated )) Sid's mother stole the Rambaldi docs. I found that extremely predictable. And at that point, they lost me. It was a scenario of: gee, she seems really good now. No, wait, no she really isn't because she took that stuff, and that's a no no. But wait, is she good? Isn't she good?

Also the destruction of SD6 is rather sad. It was more intriguing when it existed. More possibilities instead of having a battle between Sid and Sloan. No, I'm thinking if they want to shake things up they're going to have to do something different instead of resorting to Gene therapy as a convenient reason for having a plant.

I guess I could go on... ;)

6. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I hate that whenever shows do that.

I have watched a few episodes of Alias. I thought that it was all right. Maybe I just need to get into the show though. I wonder if it will be on next season or not.

7. janey macrumors 603

janey

I LOVE ALIAS!!!
    sorry man it's just this thing...i've watched alias since the very first one hour no commercials episode and i love it :D
    my bf isn't as interested...although i think he would like to be that guy who is paid to stay on a plane with a computer and sexy girls to have fun with...

8. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

what guy wouldn't want to be??? :D

9. GeneR thread starter macrumors 6502a

GeneR

Good point!

Well said, MacFan25! :D heh!

10. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

See this thread. Of course, the computer part would still be fun.

11. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

I have to say, i like alias for the irony value. the show is utterly, brazenly fake, but doesn't seem like it takes itself seriously all the time. when it doesn't, the show is hilarious. even when it is, sometimes it's pretty good still.

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I only watch it occassionally, but when I watch the show it's great. Plenty of action & mystery. She is a great looker also!

13. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Marshall Flinkman, the tongue-tied techie played by Kevin Weisman, is my favorite character. Like all of us at MacRumors, he has never met a technical problem he couldn't solve, or at least babble on about.

14. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

yeah, he's the best character. he probably has the most believable lines, within context, and is definitely the comic relief of the series.

15. GeneR thread starter macrumors 6502a

GeneR

Yeah, Marshall's cool.

I think I've known quite a few Marshalls in my life. Really good, good people with a knack for computers. :D

16. janey macrumors 603

janey

marshall!!!!
    omg he's so adorable!!!!
    i love marshall!!!!!
    marshall will you be my future husband?!
    :p

btw GeneR nice avatar :D

17. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

There was a Twilight Zone episode on UPN tonight about a babysitter (played by Jessica Simpson) taking care of a 10-year-old girl who seemed to be afraid of her doll named Shelley. The girl tells the babysitter that Shelley did something in the house. The babysitter says "Shelley's a doll, not Sydney Bristow!" So either Jessica Simpson is an Alias fan or UPN was plugging an ABC show!?!?

18. GeneR thread starter macrumors 6502a

GeneR

Dank u

Danks!

:D