Does anybody need 4 nunchuks? (NOT a FS thread)

Discussion in 'Games' started by bluebomberman, Feb 23, 2007.

1. bluebomberman macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

Question:

Will there ever, ever, ever be a time when any Wii owner needs more than 2 nunchuks?

Other than perhaps Madden, I can't think of a game that can utilize 4 Wiimotes with nunchuks. And I can't think of a game in the pipeline that would.

Thanks for the input.

2. jdechko macrumors 68040

Super Monkey Ball uses 4 in some of the mini games. Mario Party might. I'm not sure that there'll be a ton of games that require 4 either, but there will definitely be a few.

3. iProd macrumors regular

iProd

You don't think there will be ANY first person shooters coming to the Wii?? Now that the Wii online dev kits have been released, I would reconsider what you're saying :p I'd think it would be tough to play an FPS one handed :D

4. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance allows up to four players.

I have three Wiimotes and two nuncucks right now because I don't have the need for more yet, but I do intend on getting four of each eventually, as the need arises.

In regards to future games that will require four nunchucks, the biggest that comes to mind is Super Smash Brothers: Brawl.

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Good point, except for one thing... It has been stated by Nintendo many times that SSB:B will be a Classic Controller/GameCube Controller Game so that everyone can easily play it. I highly doubt that they will change their mind about that.

TEG

6. bluebomberman thread starter macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

Oops. I forgot about FPS. Actually, I heard that the upcoming Medal of Honor game will have 4-player split-screen.

I guess I didn't think about it because I generally suck at FPS (although using a Wiimote instead of traditional controls might change that for me) and I'm running my Wii on a 13-inch TV...

Speaking of FPS, what about the next Metroid?

7. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

Seriously? That's too bad because I love the way the Wiimote/Nunchuck feels versus a standard controller.

8. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Same here, it's great for comfort. :)

Just commeting on Teg's post;
    Even though they're not supporting every aspect of the new controller, Sakurai states below that they're working with it. I personaly can't see Nintendo requiring the seperate purchase of a Classic Controller, or GameCube controller, when they're not standard Wii controllers.

Here's Sakurai's comment;
    Smash Bros. is one of the few Wii games to maintain a standard control scheme. "I was given the task of creating Smash Bros.," explained Sakurai. "Of course, the topic becomes, how should we use the special remote controller? During the planning stages, we gave a lot of thought to this." In the end, Sakurai and his staff decided to not go too far with the controller, in particular avoiding being new just for the sake of being new, which Sakurai worried would make the game difficult to play.

<]=)

9. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

Maybe I'm just hopeful, but I read that as they simply decided not to get fancy with the motion controls, and that it will still be possible to play with the Wiimote/Nunchuck.

There are four buttons easily accessible to you on the Wiimote/Nunchuck team, that would be enough for me since I never used the little forcefield in SSB: Melee anyway. ;)

10. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

I have 2 Wiimotes and only one nun chuck... those suckers are hard to come by. but thankfully, i don't have, nor want any games that need more than what i have :D

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Nunchucks are still sold out in a few shops in Manchester. Still can't get hold of Wii's either, you have to join a queue for new systems every (IIRC) wednesday and saturday.

12. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Red Steel uses four nunchucks, but I don't have that game.

Rayman Raving Rabbids uses four nunchucks but most of the games involve taking turns so you can just pass one around most of the time.