Does anybody remember a certain Apple Patent...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CrackedButter, Jan 11, 2007.

1. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

...whereby different input devices could be applied to a Apple Notebook?

Does anybody remember what Apple released on Tuesday? Multi-touch?

Can anybody else see the keyboard being replaced for another screen, thereby solving the problem of having different interfaces on the same device? I remember the thread but cannot find it, there were diagrams and such showing the various interfaces being interchangeable. But I do remember people saying they weren't prepared to carry around different input devices for their laptop.

Wouldn't this solve the problem?

Wouldn't this also solve the problem around having a ultra thin laptop, say a 12" MBP?

Just thinking.

2. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I remember the British iCreate magazine running a "What if Apple made" series a few years ago and one of the suggestions was a iBook DS. One screen, one touch screen that doubled as a input device. It showed garage band with a musical keyboard. Very cool.

3. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I remember that thread...and if I remember right, there was a lot of discussion whether the elements that "replaced" the keyboard where virtual (the opinion I agreed with) or physical. So the iPhone interface certainly supported if not confirms the "virtual interface module" hypothesis.

4. macjackpro macrumors member

Multi-Touch and Leopard

I think we saw Leopard in the iPhone. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a touch screen iMac. It'll be like the movie Minority Report.:D

5. CrackedButter thread starter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Agree, elements of it.