Does anyone else dislike Russell Brand?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, Nov 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I just keep hearing his name, and seeing adverts for whatever with his face on them. And it's driving me a little insane. What's he done? why does everyone barring me love the guy?

[​IMG]

Wouldn't you just want to introduce a hedgehog to his face?

2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

God yes. I'd like to introduce a hedgehog to some of his other body parts too.

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

scary, I am reading a book by bertrand russell

quick first look thought the thread was about him.

But anyways that guy is kinda scary looking

4. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

yeah I can't see what it is about this guy, other than he's trading himself on being a bit weird. His stupid "wacky" intros and links on programs really get on my nerves.

In fact, I find him about the same level of annoyance as that asshat Pete Doherty. hedgehog him in the face I say.

Attached Files:

5. dcv macrumors G3

Yes, he's a complete twunt™

Who the hell is he anyway? He seems to be on E4 all the time.

6. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

He looks like a girl with a beard.

Seriously.

7. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

A cricket bat would be a much better choice, in my opinion.

I don't like the guy – but I'd say that I find him annoying and irritating rather than feeling a deep hatred for him. Now, if it were Jamie Oliver we were talking about... :mad:

EDIT: I've just ventured onto the BBC website to look something up, and look what confronted me on their homepage...

Picture-1.jpg

You can't get away from the bloody man! :mad:

8. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Saw an advert for BBC Radio 4 earlier today with him too. NO ESCAPE. He reminds me of a poor mans Vernan Kaye, for no reason.

9. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

10. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

I liked him when he was a rising star a few years back. But now he's become Channel 4's golden boy, and as a result is on ABSOLUTELY BLOODY EVERYTHING. And the more over-exposed he is, the more he becomes a caricature of himself. And the more he becomes a caricature of himself, the more shows he gets given which reinforce that caricature. I swear, Channel 4 is the sure-fire way to kill off any comedians credibility. They did it to Jimmy Carr as well (though he was never funny in the first place - laughing at poor people gets boring after a while). Luckily Peter Kay was more stubborn and didn't do everything Channel 4 could throw at him.

Let's list the stupid amount of things that Russel Brand has done:
    -Big Brother's Big Mouth
    -Russell Brand's Got Issues
    -6Music radio show
    -Radio 2 show
    -A column for the Guardian (why...I mean...how?!?!)
    -NME Awards
    -100s of chat shows...

11. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

ugh.. can't stand the guy!!

he got booted from MTV, crappy big brother big mouth show.. but somehow he's landed a C4 show too..

each their own i guess.....:rolleyes:

12. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Ah, yes... if memory serves, wasn't he fired on September 12 2001 after turning up for work dressed as Osama bin Laden? :rolleyes:

13. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

To be fair, who can honestly say they've never done that?

Oh, ok...

14. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It gets you a lot to sleep with Kate Moss then, basically why he is popular :rolleyes:.

16. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Actually, what I hate about Russell Brand is not Russell himself. It's the way the media package him. Everytime he's on the TV, his introduction has to include the word 'contraversial', like the network pushing the boundries and taking some risk in putting him on their show. Now really, what has he actually done that's contraversial?!?! In the 21st century, being a fully recovered drug addict on TV is hardly contraversial, unless you're presenting Blue Peter or something.

17. Lau Guest

I'm embarrassed to say I don't know who he is. :eek: I recognise his face, but I don't think I've ever seen him actually do anything. Having said that, his face makes me want to kick it, so I can only imagine how annoying he must be. What column does he write for the Guardian — weekend or weekday?

18. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I think it's the FT, actually.

19. Lau Guest

Hmm, googling appears to throw up a column for Big Brother in the News Of The World, and a World Cup column in The Guardian, but I can't find a regular one.

His wikipedia page mentions he's from Grays in Essex, which makes me warm to him, because Grays is bloody terrifying, and if he survived Grays dressed like that, much respect. :p

20. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Nope, it's the Guardian. He was in it this morning.

He's written in the main section before - usually in the commentary section - but he has a regular column in the Sports page on a Saturday.

21. Lau Guest

Ah, the one section of the paper I never open, so that'll be why I've not seen it. :D

22. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Well, I say Sports, but he did manage to write a whole column about football without actually once saying anything about football itself. I think he was just trying to prove his working-class credentials for the most part.

23. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I believe Mr Brand is a West Ham fan. Grays Athletic obviously aren't good enough for him... :p ;)

24. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

I've seen his face everywhere too, but can someone tell me how did he actually become famous? He seems to have risen without trace, and carefully managed to avoid offending anyone important.

If I'm wrong, please do correct me, JaffaCake and EvilFlowers most probably will.

I wish people like Chris Morris (Brass Eye) and Rob Newman (any political activist demo or support gig near you) were still getting airtime.

[TBH even I thought Morris's Nathan Barley was dire *****, instantly dated, and I lived a mile from Hoxton and and saw and worked with the same types of people he was sending up in it. Bring back Brass Eye ]

xoxo Tomato

25. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

It's a bit of a headscratcher, isn't it?

I think he's basically built up a bit of a cult following from his E4 work and standup, and got himself in the papers for his alleged flings with the likes of Kate Moss and several Big Brother contestants, as well as his former heroin addiction. All good tabloid fodder, which helps keep his face and name in the public eye.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.