Does anyone else find this kind of...creepy?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Thomas Veil, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Cinemorgue

Why would anyone want to know how various actors have been killed, and how many times, in the movies? :(

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

it's a lot better than rotten.com's "celebrity morgue"... which shows actual death, autopsy, and funeral photos of famous people... including a photo of the lindenburg baby, when found. this is not a pleasant thing, i advise against looking for it.

paul

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I guess that I'm a little different, but I would actually find that interesting. Not really interested in funeral pictures, just depends on clothes and makeup. But I would find the autopsy pictures very interesting. Mine would be a professional type of interest.

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

yeah, i don't object to the photo content, just the lack of privacy that these people endure, even in death. I have a friend that collects "death photos", shots taken of recently deceased around the turn of the century... they would sometimes pose with the person as if they were still alive. She specializes in the ever-coveted infant photos, when they would do disturbing things like painting eyes on the eyelids, to make them look lifelike for one last photo. Not long ago I saw a similar exhibition at a local museum; funerary photos and a history of funeral-wreaths (there's a lot of complexity in the symbols of the old ones-- very interesting). But-- in these cases, the subject retains general anonymity. No one knows who they are, so the person's privacy and reputation remain intact. And of course autopsy photos serve both professional knowledge and general curiousity about such procedures (that our bodies may well face someday). These same photos of famous people serve only a morbid interest in the subject, quite disrespectful IMHO. I'm all for free-speech, but common courtesy would keep me from suggesting that the aforementioned Lindenburg baby, and people like Kurt Cobain and Abraham Lincoln deserve to be viewed post-mortem in such ways...

paul

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

While I do find death intensely intriguing, I have to side with paul on this one. It's just not right to exploit these things on the internet.

As an avid cemetery photographer, I've discovered 3 cases of open graves (and yes, I shot 2 of them), so I may sound hypocritical in saying the above. However, I did it for my own curiosity, not to gain exposure thru other's shock value.