Does anyone else notice this when there MBA is close to a lamp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by iphone46, Aug 30, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

2. macrumors 601

I see... JESUS!

Hope is not a burnt-in.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

It's not the screen is fine when I move it away. You can also see the center of the screen when you turn the brightness all the way down.

4. macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

It's the plastic Apple logo on the back. Pretty cool! I noticed this when I was unwrapping my 13" MBA today.

5. macrumors 6502a

Random question; when you turn the screen brightness all the way down it turns the backlight off but the LCD actually stays on. Is there a way to set it so that you can turn the screen off at will? That would be nice so I could leave my computer downloading or rendering something with the screen not using any power or still showing an image.

6. macrumors 6502

In System Preferences -> Mission Control -> Hot Corners, you can set the display to power off when you move the mouse to a specific corner of the screen. I use the top left one myself - when ever I will leave the computer for just a minute or two, or while listening to someone in a meeting / lecture / whatever, I just move the cursor there and power the display off, while the computer keeps working. Just touch the mouse pad again and you're back to the brightness you had before. Saves tons of battery.