Does anyone feel iPhone 5 too light?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SunnyStudioNeo, Oct 9, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

I know being light is supposed to be a great feature of a smart phone. But heavier things makes you feel solid, iPhone 4 is just the right feel for me. Anyone else feeling this?

2. macrumors 68030

dictoresno

when i hold a 4 and 5 and compare the weights, i do feel like i like the heft of the 4 vs the 5. kinda miss it.

3. macrumors member

I thought the same for the 1st week after switching from 4s. Now it feels just right.

4. macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

Yes! I wish Apple would make a iPhone the size of a brick that weighed at least 5 lbs. or more. That would make me feel like I owned a good solid phone and that I got my moneys worth! :D

5. macrumors 6502a

So you'd prefer a brick in your pocket...?

I guess there's just no pleasing some people :rolleyes:

6. macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

I was just being funny. I personally love the new iPhone but like you said I guess you just can't please everyone.

7. macrumors regular

You could put it in a heavier case?

8. macrumors regular

9. macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

10. macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

11. macrumors 68000

12. macrumors 6502a

You're too strong! If you let your arm atrophy a lot then the phone will feel nice and heavy, lol!

Seriously, though, yeah, some people like the weight of the 4... Although the 4S is a little heavier than the 4, don't forget, lol! Can't make everyone happy, unfortunately.

13. macrumors 68030

dictoresno

its going to go into an Elago Slim S5 as soon as it delivers later today. i think the Elago Slim cases not only are perfectly suited to not only add the right amount of weight due to their type of plastic used, but also offer a nice amount of needed rigidity to the phone. i loved it on my 4.

14. macrumors 68000

When I first took it out of the box I thought it was too light to take seriously. But you just get used to it. My iPhone 4 feels too heavy now.

15. macrumors 603

MH01

A brick? lol... I would recommend you visit a virgin, fitness first etc gym in your area and get some help toughing up :rolleyes:

Personally I like the weight of the 4, the weight gives it that feeling of quality, like a proper watch.

16. macrumors 65816

Nhwhazup

I personally like the lighter feel. Does feel more like a plastic toy compared to the 4S but I immediately liked the new lack of heft. It took me a little longer (like a couple of days) to get used to the extra length.

17. macrumors 6502a

One of the major complaints iPhone users have used against the Samsung Galaxy S3 is that it is so lite.

Now all of a sudden lite is good!:p

Got to be a democrat thing. :eek:

18. macrumors 601

petvas

At first it felt too light but now I think it could be even more lighter! The weight is perfect. It feels great in the hand.

19. macrumors 68000

NATO

I'd rather they made it slightly thicker/heavier and put a bigger battery in rather than continuing this push for ever thinner/lighter. Just my opinion though, I know you all think I'm wrong.

20. macrumors 68000

Oohara

I agree. My 4S still feels like the perfect weight/thickness. Gives a more solid and reliable feel. Still can't get over the 5 feeling slightly cheap.

21. macrumors 68020

+1. I compared at the store and was disappointed with the iPhone 5 feel. Felt flimsy and cheap, as though it could bend if it were carried in a tight pocket. Or could blow away in a stiff wind if not gripped tightly enough.

22. macrumors 6502a

So I guess you'd take a stainless steel watch over a platinum one any day cause it has a 'feeling of quality' :rolleyes:

----------

'Lite' as in lite on software...? Yes I'd agree :p

But the mind does boggle.

23. macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

This

24. macrumors 65832

SR45

Not wrong NATO and I Agree. Nothing wrong with the iPhone 4S slightly thicker and heavier feel to it. iPhone 5 with the same thickness/weight and having a slightly larger battery for longer talk/data time would be welcomed. ;)

25. macrumors 68020

willmtaylor

Heavier equals higher quality, huh? Wow. Congrats, you've just posted the most absolutely ridiculous thing I've EVER read on the MR forums, ever. And that's saying a lot.

This is like saying my pizza is too good or my sheets are too soft or my wife is too smokin' hot.

QC issues aside, there is nothing about the build quality of the iPhone 5 that, IMO, isn't superior to all previous models.

"It's too light..." I can't freakin' believe this is a thread. I would've sworn this was a trolling OP. if only we were so lucky....