Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ewulls01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Check out the specs and info on the PowerBook 2400...remind you of anything?

http://www.apple-history.com/?page=gallery&model=2400&performa=off&sort=date&order=ASC

Description from the site:

Quietly released in the summer of 1997, The PowerBook 2400 was the first Apple sub-notebook since the Duo 2300, and was co-designed by IBM. The 2400 sacrificed a internal floppy or CD-ROM drive, but very little else. With most of the functionaltiy of larger notebooks, the 2400 weighed only 4.4 lbs. A 240 MHz version ("Mighty Cat") was released only in Japan.

I find it interesing that they pretty much recycled the idea :)

kyleen66

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
Check out the specs and info on the PowerBook 2400...remind you of anything?

http://www.apple-history.com/?page=gallery&model=2400&performa=off&sort=date&order=ASC

Description from the site:

Quietly released in the summer of 1997, The PowerBook 2400 was the first Apple sub-notebook since the Duo 2300, and was co-designed by IBM. The 2400 sacrificed a internal floppy or CD-ROM drive, but very little else. With most of the functionaltiy of larger notebooks, the 2400 weighed only 4.4 lbs. A 240 MHz version ("Mighty Cat") was released only in Japan.

I find it interesing that they pretty much recycled the idea :)

I still have my 2400c and love it to pieces. I was able to put in a G3 400 and a larger HD in it. I also have a wireless PC card too. This was, in my opinion, one of the best laptops Apple came out with. I have been waiting VERY impatiently for Apple to come out with a true sub since then.

I do find it funny that a lot of the things people are complaining about the MBA are the same arguments against the 2400c when it came out. Except the MBA has a full size keyboard and the 2400 didn't.

I do wish that Apple had put in a card slot on the MBA's. But I can see there just wasn't room.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.