Does anyone have a PO box?

Discussion in 'Community' started by coopdog, Dec 25, 2004.

1. coopdog macrumors 6502a

I'm looking to get a PO box at the UPS store. I was suprised that they ask for an address. Does the postoffice or where ever you have your PO box send you mail about your PO box or call you about it? Thanks.

2. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

planning on starting a mail fraud scheme?

try to go to a private mail place, i think you can get a PO box without an address there.

what if you were homeless? you could probably put a fake address.

3. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

I have a P.O. box... We used it to move across state lines. You need an address to prove that you are eligible to have a P.O. box in the US. Since we were moving, the post office in Phoenix had to certify our residence for the post office in Iowa. BTW: P.O. boxes cost different amounts at different Post offices, especially across state lines.

4. coopdog thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah and do you know of a German web hosting company? HAHA.

No I might be in and out of my house a bit and I wanted my mail to go to a PO box rather than clogging up my mail box.

I was just wondering about it. Thanks!

5. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    When i first opened my POB, they asked for an address, but they've never sent anything to my house, all my notices get put in my box.

My friend opened his with his old address and they didn't care... it could be different for your state.

6. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I have a box at a local UPS store - my local mail delivery is horrible - sometimes I don't get mail for days and when I do often it's wet or damaged. I use the box for receiving important mail and packages. They did ask for an address when I signed up but they have never used this address to send me anything - they put the renewal slips in the box.

hmmm - why would this bother you? Mailing narcotics or hazardous materials, starting scams?