Does anyone have the G5 fan calibration boot cd?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by justmcg, Mar 30, 2005.

1. justmcg macrumors newbie

I really really need this and would pay for a CD-R or provide space for someone to upload it to me. Thanks in advance!

2. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

I have a 2x2.5 GHz G5, and I haven't a clue what you are referring to.

3. justmcg thread starter macrumors newbie

"Important: Whenever you replace a processor with a new processor, you must run Apple Service Diagnostic (once the computer is reassembled). You must also run the diagnostic if you re-install the same processor but in a different connector from the one in which it was originally installed. Apple Service Diagnostic for Power Mac G5 is available as a download from the Disc Images section of the Apple Service Source website. For more information, see “Thermal Calibration” in the Troubleshooting chapter."

this is from a repair manual somewhere. I think it helps explain what the cd is that im looking for.

4. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i believe you have to be an apple certified technician or apple genius to get one. you could probably find a dmg of one online but that's prolly illegal so i won't go further.

5. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

An Apple Genius might run it for you if it was a slow day. But the chances of them giving it to you is slim to none.