Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
KingYaba said:
Sick. If you want higher education, pay for it yourself. Don't take my hard earned money away from me! :mad: Glad I don't live in Sveeden.
Hey, if you want to drive your car on the road, or have fire department or police access, pay for it yourself. Don't take my hard-earned money away from me! :mad: Glad I don't live in Tejas.

true777

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2000
California, Austria, Arkansas
The Mad Kiwi said:
People don't have to be poor.

Poor people are poor because they spend more than they earn, simple.

If they want to change this situation, then they have to either earn more, or spend less, or better still both.

Um, how exactly do you do this when you live at a refugee camp or civil war zone in sub-Saharan Africa, with starvation rampant and AIDS rates in the high double digit percentages? With earnings potential close to zero (no jobs), and your spending already zero (no money)?

Sadly, this is not some singular occurrence, but is how a significant part of the world population actually lives. These people and their children are DYING from poverty.

On a related note, I believe overpopulation and population control have to be entered in the equation when discussing distribution of wealth and potential for economic sustainability within cultures.

true777

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2000
California, Austria, Arkansas
KingYaba said:
Sick. If you want higher education, pay for it yourself. Don't take my hard earned money away from me! :mad: Glad I don't live in Sveeden.

Guess what: Your hard earned money *is* already being taken away from you, right in Tejas, USA! The taxes you pay in the US are not significantly lower than taxes you would pay in Western European countries.

The difference is this: With *your* taxes, you pay for an unprovoked war 10,000 miles away from Tejas.

With their taxes, Swedish people pay for a quality higher education for every citizen, free of charge, as well as for excellent health care and social services.

Which one makes more sense?

Now, given you don't live in Sweden, maybe you should more adequately change your comment to "Sick. If you like a war, pay for it yourself. Don't take my hard earned money away from me! :mad:".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.