Does anyone here know Italian?

Discussion in 'Community' started by mj_1903, Apr 9, 2004.

1. mj_1903 macrumors 6502a

Feb 3, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    I am in the midst of someone in Italy breaking and distributing a version of my application under his name.

I contacted him and received this response:

Si vero, sapevo che lo avreste visto, la mia intenzione era proprio
    Avere la vostra attenzione, e proporvi una nuova veste grafica.
    La versione come avrete notato è una freeware quindi poco male, nessun
    intento commerciale.

Which is this in Sherlock:

True, I knew that you would have seen it, my intention was just
    this... To have your attention, and proporvi one new graphical
    garment. The version as you will have noticed is one to freeware
    little badly therefore, no attempt trades them.

Can anyone provide some insight by either completely translating it or decoding what he said? Basically I asked that he take the application down.

Thanks for your help,

2. oldschool macrumors 65816

Sep 30, 2003
    This is a refined version of your sherlock translation:

True, I knew that you would see it. This was my intention:

To get your attention, and suggest a new graphical interface (a new GUI i'm pretty sure this is what it means)
    The version as you will have noticed is freeware, therefore little harm has been done, and there was no commercial intent [on my part].

i guess he just wants to suggest some GUI changes?

(and that word "proporvi" that sherlock didn't translate is a conjugated form of the verb proporre. Proporvi means "propose to you")

hope this helps
  3. mj_1903 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 3, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks for that. Its now all a little stranger, as I have had no contact with this person before, he has removed all my copyright info and he is distributing it after having removed all my shareware code.

Fun fun fun.

4. oldschool macrumors 65816

Sep 30, 2003

yeah seeing as all the applications on your site are shareware, i don't know how he would get the idea that he's got freeware in his possession.

PM me if you need anymore help.
  5. whocares macrumors 65816

Oct 9, 2002
    True, but is also translates as "suggest to you" (as you did in your translation). I'm not quite sure this guy wants to propose to mj_1903. ;) :p

What can you do to get this guy to stop stealing your code?

I also speak Italian and would be pleased to provide help if you need any. Good Luck.
  6. crenz macrumors 6502a

Jul 3, 2003
    Shanghai, China
    I can't help with the Italian, but then you found help already :). I would suggest you send the guy an e-mail, telling him that he violated your copyright and is damaging your business by distributing what ought to be paid for freely. Tell him that he should erase any documents and source code that he has for this project or else he will hear from your lawyer.

If you don't have a lawyer yet, it doesn't matter; "virtual" lawyers sometimes can be very helpful :)