Does anyone here work for Starbucks?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by GoCubsGo, Feb 26, 2007.

1. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If so, are employees able to grab hold of the syrups for say personal use? And by grab hold I mean buy at a serious discount, not steal.

2. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

I totally already tried to get the syrup's.. i think they are 'fontana' or something?

couldn't get them :(

3. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

Lookin' for someone to hook you up with some syrup?

4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

They sell Torani syrups at Cost Plus Market for cheap. That won't help you if you are looking for a Starbuck's specific flavor, but if it is something basic...they probably have it.

5. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

My friends that have worked at starbucks just use the syrups at work to make themselves free drinks whenever they want. Did you want to make drinks at home?
    I'd just fill an espresso cup with it and take it home. :p ;)

Keep in mind,after working at starbucks for a while, you'll grow to HATE starbucks. That's at least what happened with me and the bakery I work at. Can't stand to look at baked goods as much.

But, I know that torani tastes the same, pretty much. You can buy it from that link.

Good luck in your search :)

6. coach z macrumors newbie

the easy way to obtain the syrup is to walk up the the person on register, say "i'd like to purchase a bottle of vanilla syrup" the register person will say one of the following:
    1)im sorry we are very low on it and cant sell the bottle right now but we get our order in on (insert day here) and we can do it then
    2) im sorry, that is a promotional product and we cant sell it at this current time. wait until the promotion is over and you might be able to get one
    3) im sorry, we cant sell that one
    4) yea, no problem...and fyi, the syrups are mad cheap

ones you cant purchase: maple, pumpkin spice
    you might be able to purchase soon...depends on the store manager and district manager: cinnamon dolce, sugar-free cinnamon dolce

7. GoCubsGo thread starter macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Torani doesn't really have the exact one and yeah, it's the pumpkin spice and cinnamon dolce I want. And yes, it's for home consumption. I am not a fan of starbuck's coffee itself, but I like those two flavors. Seattle's Best uses the Torani I believe and while they are not bad, they're not exactly the taste I was hoping for. And yeah, I'm looking for a hook up that is cheaper than ebay, but I am not looking to rob someone yanno. If they pay $5 I'd pay more but not $40 which is what I am finding on ebay. That or $30 for the regular (versus sugar free).
    :)
    I'm going to try to ask at my starbucks. Of course by selling to me they'll cut out one customer, but then again if I go when they're busy maybe they won't be able to think that far ahead due to the crowds. ;)

8. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

The Torani pumpkin is gross...tastes too much like actual pumpkin. Haven't tried the Torani cinnamon, though. I have a friend that swears on putting red hots candy in his latte for a great cinnamon taste...he's a weirdo though.

Also, if you can find Monin syrups anywhere...the flavor is better than Torani. Syrup really shouldn't cost more that $5 for Torani or a little more for the Monin. $40 is a rip-off.

9. GoCubsGo thread starter macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well yeah $40 is not worth my time, however...in retrospect I pay that in a month for those stupid coffees so technically $40 may as well be worth my time. Nonetheless, $40 for something that was probably close to $5 for someone and that f'in $10-$20 shipping is annoying. eFlay is not as fun anymore.

10. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

I have actually done this before. I asked if I could buy a bottle of the vanilla syrup and the barista person didn't so much as bat an eye. Sold it to me right away...and it was cheap too (if I recall), maybe about $3 for one of the big bottles.

11. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

You're making my brain explode.

The only thing that keeps me sane in this orgasm of simulation is that my lavender laundry detergent smells like grape bubble gum.

12. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada