Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 8, 2015
I still keep my iPod Touch 5G on iOS 6, which I bought in 2012 and will never update. I also have an iPad 4 which I updated to iOS 7.1.2 and I strongly regret (that's why I'll keep it on iOS 6)

It works flawlessly and runs every heavy app perfectly (Compatible with iOS 6.) The main reason I don't want to update is I love the iOS 6 design, and I've had some problems with my iPad on iOS 7.
Do you keep your iPod Touch 5G on iOS 6?

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008
I bought my iPod touch with the intention of keeping it on iOS 6, but had to have it replaced due to an issue with the display. The replacement came with iOS 7.0.4, so I've kept it up to date ever since. I don't like the newer iOS though.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
My iPhone 4 will forever remain on iOS 5. I don't trust the performance hit will be very forgiving if I updated. So, same idea, basically.

BigfootMN

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2014
I tried to keep iOS 6

I still keep my iPod Touch 5G on iOS 6, which I bought in 2012 and will never update. I also have an iPad 4 which I updated to iOS 7.1.2 and I strongly regret (that's why I'll keep it on iOS 6)

It works flawlessly and runs every heavy app perfectly (Compatible with iOS 6.) The main reason I don't want to update is I love the iOS 6 design, and I've had some problems with my iPad on iOS 7.

I tried to stay on iOS 6 with my iPod 5G, but ultimately there were too many apps that would not load or kept asking to be updated and would lock the screen. No, I do not like the new "look and feel" of the GUI and would rather go back to iOS 6.:( My wife's iPad Mini is still on iOS 6 and am not sure when (if?) we will update that).

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015

and do you run any app on it? :rolleyes:

Quick example: Spotify lastest version: Requires ios 7.0

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 8, 2015
and do you run any app on it? :rolleyes:

Quick example: Spotify lastest version: Requires ios 7.0

Well, I have an iPad and an iPhone. I use my iPod as a camera and for music, and perhaps for a little gaming when I don't have my iPad with me :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.