Does Anyone Know About iPod Classic Hardware?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by matthew2926, Sep 13, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Hi, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. Anyway, I was looking to build an a 160GB 7th generation iPod Classic. I am going to buy all of the parts off of eBay. I think that I have all of the parts picked out, but I'm not 100% sure. Can anyone tell me if I have all of the parts that I need? Also, are all the parts correct? Like are they all compatible with each other? The link to my list of parts is http://my.ebay.com/wishlist/Valerie...QckEyZGg2SUdrWWVuQzVPQ29BNmRqNng5blkrc2VRKio* Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks!

2. macrumors 603

rgarjr

How much does all the parts come out to be? Might as well throw a bigger hard drive in there.

3. macrumors 603

Carlanga

buy one that is working and just exchange the hard drive if you are not sure how to do it :)

4. macrumors 6502a

comictimes

Good luck! I may be crazy, but I'm not seeing any sort of motherboard, headphone jack, cable jack, all that fun stuff...

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

I might just do that. I was supposed to build it from scratch for a school project but it would be expensive. I am getting pretty good at doing repairs, but that is on iPods that have been working already. I'm sure that if I try to build it from scratch I will end up missing a part. Thanks for the advice!

----------

I'm not gonna build this iPod anymore, but the motherboard was there. It's called a logic board. And you're right, I forgot to add the headphone/hold switch flex cable thingy. Nice catch. Thanks.