Does anyone know Adobe's plan for Universal Binaries?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by milky23, Jan 26, 2006.

1. milky23 macrumors regular

I just bought Creative Suite 2 for PPC but I'm considering upgrading to Intel. I figure I could limp along w/ Rosetta for awhile, but I would really like a timeframe. Anyone have any idea when Adobe plans to release a universal binary for CS2?

Do you suppose they will do a crossgrade option like Apple ($50) or perhaps let it be free?

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

None of the current products will be made universal. That will only happen with the next versions (CS3 or whatever they call it).

Link on the way...

Edit: Here.

In other words, universal versions will carry the customary version upgrade prices.

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I'm doubting they'll release a Universal for free. I've been stalling my education purchasing of Adobe/Macromedia software until it was either Universal or Intel-only. I expect CS 3 to be Universal but not current ones.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep I agree, we may see a couple of patches in the interim, but CS3 will be the universal version.

5. milky23 thread starter macrumors regular

6. glasspsyche macrumors newbie

i think the next question on the agenda is when will CS3 come out?

7. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

Hopefully soon. My company are about to get some Intel iMacs and upgrade our PS7 to CS2. We will have to pay another upgrade fee again to upgrade to CS3. Which could be in a few months or wont be till end of the year. :confused:

8. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Reading between the lines of some of Steve Job's comments during the MWSF keynote I would not expect a Universal Photoshop for some time (2007 say).

9. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Guess I won't be upgrading from my Power Mac for a while then :(