does anyone know if cingular...

Discussion in 'Community' started by dorqiekat, Nov 22, 2004.

1. dorqiekat macrumors 6502a

does cingular charge extra for call waiting? I got a call from my dad saying that my cell phone bill was $400+ he said that there were $10 charges for call waiting... I know that I've switched over and back if I had a call waiting... sometimes for about 5 or so minutes... I can't access the account by website because I'd need my dad's ss# and he's pretty pissed at me. I'd like to know what's going on before going home for thanksgiving break and having to explain it to him. :(

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

Here's what their website says:

So, if you're getting dinged $10 a pop for "call waiting" it sounds like you're being screwed, unless you've got some odd plan where you pay through the nose for minutes, etc. It sounds like if you were on the phone with two people for 5 minutes, it would cost in the neighborhood of $5 if you were out of your included minutes and had their worst per-minute charges. That doesn't include Long Distance or Roaming, of course.

Net is, shouldn't be an additional charge simply due to call waiting, but you are running up duplicate phone charges while on call waiting. Perhaps you need a plan with more minutes.

3. dorqiekat thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've never been over my minutes... I've been pretty good with keeping it in. But I guess it could be that I've went over slightly.. I wasn't roaming... and it wasn't long distance. The only explanation is that I ran out of min and I was on call waiting at the same time.. getting double minutes. ANd being charged for it.

phone companies suck.

4. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Reasons like this are why my wife and I bought out our Cingular contract 6 months early and switched to Verizon.
    For 2 years our usage and bills were fine. We went over our usual bill by $90 one month, so we changed out plan to roll-over. Even though we had roll-over (and we did not go over for the first few months) we started getting $200 bills (usually were $90) consistently and could not figure out why. The bills were hard to sort through to figure out why it was so much. We were not using our cell phones any more than we had for the previous 2 years but were getting outrageous bills.
    So we switched to Verizon and have had better receptions and customer service.

5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

do a search and if you find nothing ask over at www.howardforums.com , those guys will explain to you anything and everything ....