Does anyone know why DVD Studio Pro is being retarded?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Turd Ferguson, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Turd Ferguson macrumors newbie

I'm just trying to make a f*king slideshow for my dvd project, and it won't even recognize the pict files. Importing the pict files was no problem at all....but the slideshow tab in that graphic window area won't "see" them.:rolleyes:

2. dotcomlarry macrumors regular

How about converting them to a different format?

3. Turd Ferguson thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that. It's supposed to be in ".pict" format.....but I had them like that the first time.....there was no problem importing them, but the stupid slideshow tab won't display them. <----to even make a slideshow, that tab has to display the files so you can add them. All it shows is my music and the main m2v file.

I tried TIFF and that doesn't work. I had them in jpg at first and that didn't work, PICT resource(".rsr") doesn't work, etc. Apparently only pict and ".psd" can be imported, and neither will show up in the slideshow tab.

4. Turd Ferguson thread starter macrumors newbie

This program has done it. I want to smash someone's skull in with a lead pipe now....while their mother is made to watch.

*and whoever wrote that "helpful" manual needs to take a long walk of a short f*king roof.

5. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

i had that problem too last year...never found a way around it :confused:

6. King Cobra macrumors 603

If you have Photoshop, you can convert the .pct files to .jpg and at least try to upload the .jpg files. If that doesn't work, try .tiff files.

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Have you tried the online apple support knowledge base? If this is a recuring problem, someone else must have had a problem as well.

Also, check to make sure the images are in RGB mode, not CMYK or LAB.

D

8. Turd Ferguson thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, but I finally figured it out....they do indeed have to be pict files...but:

they have to be 72 dpi, apparently.

This doesn't really make much sense, since I always thought dpi is really just important for print material. So now the dvd is done. Now I'm trying to figure out how to have just one music track play continuously over the whole slideshow instead of for each pic....