Does anyone know why Panther countdown graphic on

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development (archive)' started by trunksfujita, Oct 13, 2003.

1. macrumors member

Jul 27, 2003
    messes up my page in the browser, you only see the black background of the graphics with numbers, but i dont see the menu or any other stuff on that main page at

i tried using Safari, interent explorer, And opera and i have the same problem with the 3 of them. does anyone know why?

but when i use a windows pc I dont have a problem. i have 10.2.8, and the latest version of Java.
  2. macrumors 601

Mar 12, 2002
    BrisVegas, Australia
    cool! they've got a Panther countdown!! :D

i haven't been to for a while... i completely missed that.

it should display right, it's only a gif. they probably did that for simplicity so that most people with any browser would be able to see it. have you ever had problems viewing Apple's site before?

i'm not a web person (well, i do spend most of my day on the net, but i don't know about the technical side) so i couldn't really say what problems you're having.
  3. macrumors newbie

Oct 14, 2003
    Also difficult with PC/Win/IE

I also have problems when I start the page with IE (I have a PC notebook + win 2k). If I move my cursor over the countdown, the homepage is freezed and I need to relaunch IE.

It has been like that since the countdown appeared but it's going better lately.

I kind of check apple website all the time as I'm seriously thinking about switching. This freezing is the only problem I have found so far with Apple.
  4. thread starter macrumors member

Jul 27, 2003
    i just noticed that it only happens when....

it only happens when on on the usa Site, which is the firstpage you see when you type, but if i go to a store from another country i see the graphic just fine. with no problem. Weird, i know now it is not my computer.
  5. macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

Dec 6, 2002
    Washington State University
  6. macrumors regular

Jun 17, 2003
    Calgary, Alberta
    I know the very first few hours the countdown was posted it didn't work correctly in a few browsers and that was fixed. Although it works for me (IE for Mac, Safari, Firebird and IE 6).

I just started getting a 500 Server Error when trying to connect to :eek:
  7. macrumors 65816

Oct 6, 2003
    Well it uses Javascript so you can disable Javascript in your browser and you may be able to at least browse the site.

I use an older version of Opera and it works fine for me.