does anyone knows a good TextEditor for multiples programming languages ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sepu, Dec 5, 2006.

1. sepu macrumors regular

Hey guys....

do you guys knows a good Texteditor that support multiple languages ... I come for PC and I used to use "Notepad ++" that is an excellent open source text editor that highlight code for each different programming laguages such as Action Script (the one that I use more), HTML, PHP, CSS, Javascript , etc ...

there is something similar on the Mac side.

Thanks.

2. adandl macrumors newbie

Gvi

Hi - you could check if there is a Mac version of the gvi (Graphical VI) this would support multiple programing languages...

re

albert

3. charkshark macrumors member

charkshark

I'd recommend Textmate, works surprisingly well, not on the flashy side though.

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Yes, and it's good and there are plug-ins.

Also, the editor within Xcode, which is Apple's IDE, is very good and includes support for shell scripts and various other scripting languages. That's also free.

5. irbdavid macrumors regular

irbdavid

I bought TextMate a few weeks back. In terms of value for money, this is about as good as it gets, easily the best text editor I've ever come across, and it actually got me to switch away from Vi. The "bundles" system it uses is incredible, and the tab-complete that is used in a lot of places saves a lot of time. I haven't found a feature that I'd like that is missing from TextMate.

6. sepu thread starter macrumors regular