Does anyone record lectures with their MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by thetruth1985, Oct 13, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

I am a proud owner of a new 13 inch MBA and I'm looking for a solution to record my college lectures. Yesterday, I used evernote to record my lecture and the sound quality was atrocious. I learned that the quality when recording with evernote is very low and cannot be toggled by the user. So I guess I am not looking to see what software is best to record college lectures at a decent audio quality. Also, I wanted to know if the built in mic is capable of recording at good quality when paired with the right program or should I use a external mic. I used to use "inclass" on the ipad with an external mic but that is no longer an option since I will only be carrying the MBA.

2. macrumors member

I have a 2010 MBP and I simply use Quicktime.
    It works like a charm.

3. macrumors regular

There is a classmate in my lecture class who has his iphone plugged into his macbook. He uses the iphone has a recorder and literally records the lecture onto the mac. I'm not sure the software that he uses, but I can ask. I've been curious myself on how he does it.

4. macrumors 65816

oneMadRssn

I record some lectures (with the professors permission first of course). I record them using Evernote. That way I can take notes along-side the audio clips. Works very well.

5. macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Use Quicktime :D

6. macrumors newbie

Growly Notes

I'd suggest using Growly Notes. I find it more useful and more customizable than EveryNote. And to resolve your issue, you can change the quality of your audio recordings in Growly Notes. And change the quality of your video recording.

http://growlybird.com/GrowlyBird/Notes.html

7. macrumors 68000

The Samurai

A few things you could do:

- Attach a USB microphone (would recommend the Snowflake, nice and small which'll be handy cause its portable and takes minimal of space'age)

- Use Apples headphones with remote and mic - I know a few people who use these for class as the mic quality on them is pretty decent.

- Buy one of them audio recording devices and then transfer it over to your Mac ;)

In any case, I guess it depends how far away your sitting in a lecture from the lecturer.