does anyone run aperture on the mini

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thumb, Jun 16, 2006.

1. thumb macrumors 6502

Hi,

i know it is not offically supported, but can anyone share their experiences of running aperture on the intel mac mini core duo? I plan on putting 1.25 - 2GB RAM in.

i do not need to do extensive photo editing but some light work would be nice. i am waiting for the macpro to come out so this mini is mostly a place holder with my 24" monitor until then. then it will go on ebay or more likely my living room.

cheers

thumb

2. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

wow.. your ambitious. The only way i got it to run on my mac was through modifing the app. It was a while ago so i don't remeber if it was another smaller app or going into the app and changing settings. It checks for required hardware and will check when luanching. just have to either turn off the checker or modify it to think the mini can run it, which it probley will. i'll post some links latter

edit: here is a link to get this running on the mac mini, it says powerbook 12" but i used same concept on my g5. http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20051206021640416

3. thumb thread starter macrumors 6502

great, thanks, i will consider that (i dont currently have either the mini or apperture, but the mini should be arriving soon).

has anyone actually done this?? is it useable? should i just run a different program? since PS is still emulated, and aperture wont run, it looks like i had better make sure my photos are taken well the old fashioned way. and probably ought to shoot jpegs for a while.

thanks