Does anyone sell a picture enhancement film/screen for the new Apple Studio Displays?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AndrewMT, Jul 28, 2005.

1. AndrewMT macrumors regular

NOVA, or Northern Virginia to the lay person.
    I really like Sony's Xbrite technology found on most of their new desktop and laptop displays. It just make the image pop and most people are not bothered by the minimal glare they can produce. While more and more LCD manufacturers are beginning to add similar films/filters on their screens, Apple seems to be ignoring this trend completely.

Anyway, is their anyone that manufacturers similar screen enhancers that would be compatible with Apple Studio Displays (I have the 23")?

2. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was looking at these screens the day and i noticed that the coating looked like that it was sprayed on. It did not appear to be smooth like a film that had been sealed to the front of the LCD.

3. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

You cannot add this technology to screens, it is created when the screen is being manufactured it is impossible to add it to a screen with film etc...

ShadOW ;)

4. javiercr macrumors 6502

javiercr

Xbrite is not necesarely better, many people don't like it because it reflects too much.

5. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

Well not Xbrite technology (which personally I don't like, a glossy image does not a better picture make) this film available for Powerbook and iMac screens offers enhancing abilities.

http://www.powersupportusa.com/products/kf.php?category=pb

Also available an antiglare film.

http://www.powersupportusa.com/products/ef.php?category=pb

Not tried myself although I do use acetate to cover my Powerbook and Cinema display screens, these are the ones I would go for but whether they would do what you wanted I can't say.

6. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

Personally, I hate Xbrite displays. They are so anti-anti-glare, I could never use one. The display is not any better than any other LCD, it's just shinier. I like the Apple displays just fine.

7. AndrewMT thread starter macrumors regular

NOVA, or Northern Virginia to the lay person.
    Thanks Bob, I'm looking for something similar to that.