Does anyone tether to modem using 3com pcmcia bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by thumb, Aug 19, 2005.

1. thumb macrumors 6502

Greetings,

I just received (and was very excited to get) the 3com pcmcia bluetooth card (the only one with Mac support that I know of - version 3.0). I have installed the Card Blue Suite, etc. It will sync just fine with the phone.

However, whenever I tether, all hell breaks loose. About a minute into the process (during which it works, but slowly) it tries to disconnect on its own, and then causes the kernal to go balistic. It takes TWO hard restarts to get it functioning normally again. It is this card, as I also have the D-link dongle, and that works fine.

Does any know what is wrong? Does anyone have this working just fine?

any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

thumb

TiPB .867Ghz 10.4.2 (+latest security update)

2. thumb thread starter macrumors 6502

Does no one use this card?? or has no one else had trouble with it?

As I understand it, it is the only pcmcia bluetooth card that works with a Mac. Any input would be very helpful.

thanks

3. RGunner macrumors 6502a

RGunner

I have one...

But I only use it for Mouse and Keyboard. (no phone).

Did you try emailing the author?

Also, do you know if I can use to browse internet from another Bluetooth device? (ie Bluetooth dongle on a PowerMac?).

This is in my Wallstreet in signature.

4. thumb thread starter macrumors 6502

I think I will try emailing the author of the script. I have used my Dlink dongle with both my PM and PB to surf through phone (moto e815 on VZW). that works wonderfully (+400kbs). Just not with this card. I really want it to work with the card, which I can leave internally, and not have to remember/deal with dongle.

Thanks