does anyone use legacy controls in Halo 2?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Proto Media, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Proto Media macrumors member

Apr 25, 2006
    Gnar Cal
    ok so I thought I was semi normal, but after playing some rainbow six las vegas and some halo 2 at my friends house on his 360, I have found out that the control setup I use is some how freakishly weird to my friends.

I use inverted controls, (which to me is like flying an airplane, pull back and you look up, push forward and you look down, I guess its the pilot in me), but more than that, I don't use the default controls like 99% of my friend use. One of my friends picked up my controller after I got killed (switch off every kill, only 1 controller) and he immediatley freaks out and calls me an "alien" for having these super weird controls.

my question, does anyone else out their share my freakish controls? does anyone use the "legacy" control style? I am the only person that I know that uses this control, and was wondering if anyone else shares my weird gaming style. Let me know how you like your controls!
  2. killmoms macrumors 68040

Jun 23, 2003
    Washington, DC
    I don't, but I know a lot of people who got started playing FPSes on Quake 1 or 2 where "inverted" was the norm are used to this setup. My friends Sean and Ed who both played Quake 2 in a clan for years play with ASDF directional controls and inverted mice, meaning when I sit down to play... I can't. I'm used to the more modern WASD and normal mousing.
  3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Jun 29, 2006
    I play inverted. Always screws me up if I go back to normal. I do use WASD, though.